Affordable Art Finds, Week Eight

Dec 28, 2009

For the past two months, I've been scouting out fabulous finds on original art priced at $75 or less.  This is the last of the Monday series, but I plan to post regularly on affordable art.  There are many more great works to share!

1.  I've always thought it would be fun to illustrate a children's book.  This etching from Catia Chien looks like it belongs in a story book.  Entitled "J", it's a limited edition of 10 prints.  $30.



2.  Trish Grantham is a Portland artist that painted an amazing mural in my shop a couple of years ago.  I love her recent paintings of cute creatures on old dictionary pages.  The Owl and the Elephant ($58), shown below, is painted on a page from the "M" section, which includes words like merit, merlin, mermaid, and merriment. So charming!



3. I do love polaroids, especially this original, Horizon Variations ($40), by Eduardo Martinez.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did Trish Granthum paint murals in the Portland Ace Hotel rooms? It looks like it.

Cathy said...

Good eye! Check out one of the Ace murals here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/trishgrantham/

And here's a post on the mural she did in the shop for us: http://oliounited.wordpress.com/2008/06/21/trish-grantham-mural-magic/

I miss it!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...