My Weekend

Dec 12, 2010


it's getting a bit chilly at night, so i brought out an extra blanket for the bed
i started stitching the quilt by hand in college and finished it my first year of marriage
{i have only handquilted small blankets since then!}


brought home a package of scrap chipboard from the art store and drew these a few hours later


i've been wanting to do something with this beautiful yarn from my swap-a-thon,
then i saw kenzie's lovely yarn wrapped branch at the little winter market

i already had a branch in my house that was perfect for this, 
and i wrapped it last night while visiting with a friend

i think i'll hang it above my work desk and string from it 
a few origami cranes folded by my late grandmother

5 comments:

Vintage is for Lovers said...

I found your blog last night and I am totally smitten. We share the same habit, among a list of other things. But you had me at yarn wrapped twig branch and origami cranes folded by late grandmother. Absolutely Amazing! Happy Holidays my friend. xo Samantha

Cathy said...

Samantha, thanks for saying hello! I'm glad you're enjoying the blog : )

Anonymous said...

I love this post, Cathy. The drawings are soo cool and so is that yarn-wrapped twig (may have to copy that one). Feel blessed to have known you far enough back that I actually remember when you were working on that quilt. xo

Anonymous said...

You found a great use for that yarn! It looks lovely on your lichen covered branch :)

Cathy said...

flyhoof, thanks again for the beautiful yarn! I'm kinda jealous that the branch gets to be wrapped up in it!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...